Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
debradawn

Luna Dulce de Leche

Have you tried these? They are wonderful and 3 points each. :D I have always liked Luna bars and keep them on hand from time to time for a quick breakfast or snack but I think this one is my new favorite flavor. The label says there have 35% of RDA for calcium. Does this mean they can act as a milk serving?

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Debra, look in your Getting Started booklet for the foods that count as a dairy. They are marked with an asterik. Just because a food is high in calcium does not make it a milk product. Calcium is good for us, but there are other important nutrients in true dairy products.

Success is a journey not a destination!

I just got a great price on these at Amazon.com and can't wait for them to come. I really love Lunas and have eaten them for a long time now. I really like the Nuts 'n Cranberry one. The only one I don't like is the Sesame Raisin Crunch.

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Got mine! What a great flavor! Love 'em! thumbup.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Isn't it a great flavor? I also like the toasted cranberry and nut ones a lot, but I don't like the new caramel apple ones. They look like the Dulce de leche ones but have an artificial taste to me.

I really like to keep Lunas on hand in the summer because the kids and I make frequesnt trips to the park and pool and often pack a lunch. And these make a nice "treat" to my packed lunches.

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike: