Health Discovery Network
*WWDonna*

Costco Fish

Costco in my area is carrying some great fish in the frozen food section. Each piece of fish is indivually frozen and wrapped. Each bag is about 3 pounds, holding 5-10 pieces of fish. They had salmon, ahi tuna, halibut, alaskan cod and mahi mahi fish available today.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Donna, This is good to know. Have you tried it, yourself?

Thanks!

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest raidermom

I have tried the tilapia and the Mahi Mahi and I like it! The only thing I can say about the tilapia is that they were kinda thin and a little too flimsy for the GFG...they came apart. So next time I'm baking those. But other than that I love that they are individually wrapped since I am the only real fish eater in the house. I just pull one out as needed and always have it in the freezer for when the mood strikes. thumbup.gif

I've tried the salmon and love it. As I had just bought some fish from Trader Joe's, I want to use that first, but will buy the Costco fish soon. I'm looking forward to not having a lot of leftover fish every time I cook it.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Guest THEWW GIRL

The frozen is good to have on hand abut Costco's fresh fisk is really good!!!!!!!!!!!

I always keep some of the frozen salmon fillets in our freezer--we ate this tonight, in fact!

We also have some chilean sea bass in our freezer. It's pretty good, but I haven't figured out how to cook it as well as we cook salmon.

I used to stock the mahi mahi, too. But I made fish tacos with mahi mahi a couple years ago on the same night I got a really bad stomach flu (and yes, it was a virus, not food poisoning). I haven't been able to eat it since. But before that, I really loved it!

I've found that the easiest way to defrost the fish is to submerge it in hot water for a few minutes. Since each fillet is individually sealed in plastic, no water gets in, and the fish defrosts evenly and quickly.

I get mine at Sam's club.

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

They also have chicken breasts individually wrapped. I think they are wonderful!

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

Guest annettegla

I love the individually frozen fish at Sam's Club. I quick defrost in water also. I buy the talapia and salmon. I pan fry the talapia with a little corn meal coating-my kids think its great. The salmon, I pan fry with lemon pepper seasoning.

I used to buy the COD fish there . They were delicious.

Starting weight:172:mad: June 22, 07

Goal: 155 :)

Fit body by September 2007.

I can do it . WW can Help:strong:

I love Costco's frozen fish. I just wish the salmon pieces were a bit smaller. The Orange Roughy is wonderful too. Pricey though. I generally bake it as it is thin too. Their cooked shrimp with the tails off is a fast easy supper.

Ann

ann p

I purchase the Tilipia from Costco as well, it's my very favorite. I love that the pieces are individually frozen and they are nice size pieces, between 4-6oz per filet.

Our WW Leader shared a wonderful recipe and I've been preparing them this way every since:

Layer the bottom of a pyrex dish with onions, a few slices of tomatoes, then layer the fish, and sprinkle lightly with Parmasean cheese, Yum!Yum!

The fish comes our very moist and DELISH !!!0009cook.gif

I usually eat fish about 3-4 times a week, because I love it so much and not to mention it's just plain good for your body!!!

SW: 228.80, 9/15/ 05

WW: 173.00, 9/15/06

WW: 170.00, 9/15/07

01/07/06: 25lbs Gone!!!!, WW 25lb. Magnet

01/21/06: Reached ONEDERLAND!!!!

08/05/06: Reached LIFETIME !!!

:goal::goal:: Total Loss FOREVER: (-58.80):strong::strong::strong:

Maintaining: 170.00

GW: 180.00