Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
foxfieldco

Carb Choppers Low Carb Tortillas

Just came home from Sam's Club & found "Carb Chopper" Tortillas made by the Santa Fe Tortilla Company..

Per tortilla (they're the large size)

100 calories

3.5 gms fat

7 grms fiber

= a whopping "1" point per tortilla!!!!

haven's tried them yet, but they look just like regular tortillas...

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

These are awesome. I found these last week, taste just like a regular tortilla and have a great soft texture, unlike the piece-y whole wheat tortillas that I've had in the past. I found them at my Sam's, too.

I've been doing all sorts of things with these, making breakfast burritos (with Wegman's chicken/turkey chorizo and a scrambled egg), and even making dessert (1 tbs light whipped butter with cinnamon and splenda), they are definitely a staple for me!

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

They also make awesome tortilla chips - spritz with Pam, sprinkle with seasonings and bake till crisp. You can get a ton of chips for 3 points!!!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Yayayayayay. I just found the carb choppers at sams! I'm so excited. They were sort of pricey, around $4.50 for 20, but if they are good, they'll be worht it for one point. I tore off a tiny piece to taste and they tasted very good, a good texture, like "real" tortillas, not floury or dry like the ff ones. I'll let you guys know what I think of them when I eat one for real.

-Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

Yummy, definately a new staple for me as well. I"m thinking of making spinach quesedillas tonight. mmm. Thanks for recommending these!

-Christina

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

I shop at Sams Club occasionally and I'll have to look for these!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

These are the nicest tortillas I have found. However the last time I bought the large pack at Sam's......my Basset Hound ate all 20 of them :eek: . I was surprised he didn't get sick.

Honestly, these are the most versitile low carb product I have found.

Guest judyo53

Wait a second--my dalmation stretches up & out to reach things sitting on the counter top, even if we "think" it's far enough back. Yesterday she ate a pretty full bag of jelly beans (including most of the bag, itself). But a basset hound?! LOL!

[Off-Topic]My kitten loves anything bread-y. Yet, stick a clump of raw hamburger in his bowl and he walks away.[/Off-Topic}

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest Jen815

LOL, I used to have a bassett hound and was suprised at what she could get at. They are low to the ground, but looooong, so when they get up on their hind legs they can pretty much get what they want haha. She also could climb the kids gate that we used to keep her confined to the kitchen, crazy dog!

Anyways, on the subject, I have been buying some kind of whole wheat tortillas that aren't dry but kind of have a bitter taste. We shop at Sam's often, so I'm going to look for these. Thanks for the tip!

I tried these not too long ago and they are wonderful. I was at Sam's this last weekend, and I saw they were getting low on them, so I got another pack of 20. I don't want to run out of these! I put them in the freezer. These are great!

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

They are a new staple for me! The last time I went to sams to restock--I had a hard time finding them and there were just a few packs left. I hope they don't stop carrying them. How could i ever go back to life without 1 point delicious tortillas? I seriously use them for everything, breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers. I am so in love.

-Christina

weight.png

-Dr. Phil

Wow, guys, I found these too at Sam's and they're grrrreeeeaaaatttt! I live an hour from Sam's and I'm gonna have to go up there more regularly! thumbup.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

I just had to add my OMG!!!! to this thread.

I just got back from Sam's. These are incredible.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw them because they looked like the grainy whole wheat tortillas I've been getting, but they are SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

Now I have to pawn off my supply of La Tortilla factory tortillas, and stock up on these.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Joanne,

thanks for posting! I was just about to ask if anyone had tried the la tortilla factory tortillas and if they thought these were tastier. I guess I'm headed to Sams!

- betina

wave.gif

Hi Bettina,

Try the La Tortilla Factory Garlic & Herb tortillas... They are smaller (more soft taco size than burrito), but these are really good (especially with a little melted cheese ala quesadilla style)...

Not crazy about their other flavors (plain whole wheat or green onion), but these are really good. Along with the Carb Choppers from Sam's, these are a staple at home.

Joanna

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

Anyone know the website to order these online??

TIA

Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

wave.gif Hi Kellie,

Doesn't look like you can get the Carb Choppers online (couldn't find any web listing for the Santa Fe Tortilla Company), but you can order the La Tortilla Factory Tortillas:

La Tortilla Factory

Thanks Joanna! I'll check them out.

Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

I've tried the LaTortilla Factory "flavored" tortillas (spinach & onion or something like that), and I found them really too strong-tasting and overpriced. These Carb Chopper ones have a much better taste and consistency, and I much prefer them--and of course the price can't be beat!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.