Health Discovery Network
Guest jmjgtodd

AppleBee's new WW menu!

Guest jmjgtodd

A heads up to all you folks waiting for the AppleBees point friendly menu! In the current issue of Better Homes & Garden mag Applebees has an advertisement for their new WW points menu!!! Looks pretty good! The menu items ranged from 4 points to 10 point from salads to entrees and even a couple of desserts!

According to Applebee's website they indicate they are starting their WW menu on May 17th!

EXCELLENT!! I have been DYING for more information regarding the new WW menu. Applebee's was very tight lipped about any dates when I called about a week ago. They said they could not give out info! This works out GREAT for me because guess what? Applebee's is the ONLY restaurant I ever get taken out to...LOL I can't WAIT!!!

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

Kurlylox -

I live in Kansas City (which has been a test market for the new WW items) and both of the Applebee's I've eaten at had the WW pts listed on the menu.

I've had 3 of the entrees and the cheesecake dessert. All of them were very good.

Laura

Joined January 2002

SW 266.6 Goal 165

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Applebees is so hard to eat point friendly at.

-Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

I must be in a test area too because we have had the WW Menu for several months here. I have been 4 or 5 times and I have tried 2 entrees (the fish and the wrap), one appetizer (a mexican dip thing with baked chips) and a dessert (some kind of cake). They were all very good, and you get a reasonable amount of food for the money and points. It was also nice to order dessert in a restaurant and not feel guilty.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Guest jmjgtodd

Someone posted this on the Daily Thread and it shows the items on the new menu with points:

Applebees Thread

[ May 11, 2004, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: jmjgtodd ]

Last night I had the Onion Soup Au Gratin for 3 points and the Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers for 5 points. It was an excellent meal that left me satisfied throughout the rest of the evening. I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!!

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

I was low on my remaining points and had the 4 point Mesquite BBQ chicken salad. Not bad at all. Can't wait to try the rest!!!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

And YES the points are right there on the menu! It's awesome!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Guest retiredteach31

I had lunch there today with a WW friend. She had the Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers and said it was excellent. I had the Sizzling Chicken Skillet and it was outstanding. Can't wait to go back and try some of the other goodies. smile.gif

DH and I went there for lunch this weekend.

I had the Teryaki Shrimp but got extra veggies instead of the rice. It was very good. DH had the Baja Chicken Wrap. I had a bit and it was very tasty, but we both thought it could have saved points and still been great by not using as much dressing. We shared the chocolate raspberry cake.

It was SOOOOOO GOOD! Next time I won't share! tongue.gif

I guessed at taking 2 points off for the rice since 1/2 cup of plain rice is 2 pts. So I figure I had an awesome lunch and dessert for 5 points. What a deal! I think I will email them to see if they can tell me how much rice is generally on the plate. I made sure to tell the manager how much I appreciated them having this menu.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I have been there and their Terkiaky Shrimp Skewers was really really good. I also had their Berry Lemon Cheescake. This does not have a crust just a scoop of the filling. The Lemon flavor is not over powering. The drizzle rasberry sauce of the cheescake and you have slices of strawberries on the side. I love cheescake and I has in heaven with every bite :D and it was only 5 pts.

Laura

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Guest judyo53

Joanne,

I thought I've seen everyone's progress pics but I just clicked on your link for the first time. You look great! Congratulations.

I can't wait to go to an Applebees. I don't dine out often (usually only for special occasions planned by others). Plus, there aren't any Applebee's real close to my house. But I'm definitely planning on going.

I went to Applebee's last Friday to celebrate my grandson's honor award (and OF COURSE to try the new menu ;) ) and had a mixed reaction. I am a regular diner there and usually get the Santa Fe chicken salad minus the dressing with a side order of pico de gallo in it's place. YUM! When I got the Mesquite chicken salad, I was surprised by the size--it is much smaller. Also it was drenched in dressing and the lettuce was wilted iceburg that was slightly browned around the edges. The dressing was tastey, but way too much for the size of the salad. I also had the French onion soup, which was delicious. I did not complain about the salad, but gave it much thought over the weekend. I called the manager this morning and discussed it. I told him that we WW members were really happy that they were offering this menu and really wanted this to work. When I told him of the drenched salad, he said that there was no way that it should have had that quantity of dressing. I said that I'm used to getting the other salad with a better quality of lettuce, no iceburg in the mix. He said that he was glad that I called and that they were in the process of ironing out the menu and he would get with the chefs regarding the quality. I feel like it was a useful call.

[ May 26, 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: aignergal ]

Ann/Aignergal<br />281/202/155<br />closing in on 3rd 10%<br />------------------<br />"Strength is a matter of the made-up mind." John Beecher

I have tried both the Citrus Chicken Salad and the Mesquite Chicken salas and both of them seemed pretty spicy to me. They had very good flavor to both, but I think a little too much salsa in them. I will order them again but request the salsa on the side. I agree about the dressing for the Mesquite salad, it was served on the side and I didn't even use half of it. Did anyone else think they were spicy?

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)

I went AGAIN to Applebee's today as my niece wanted to try the new WW menu. I had the Mesquite Chicken salad. It was really good, but was a little too spicy for me. It had just the right amount of dressing on it (but I'm used to putting my own dressing on, so I would have preferred it on the side--I'll ask for that next time), and was a nice size. I also had the onion soup which was GREAT --I liked it better than the "fatter" version--not as greasy! And the cheescake was SUPERB!---a very light, creamy consistency, with tiny bits of lemon rind in it which gave it a perfect, light flavor. The strawberries on the side and drizzle of sauce topped it off perfectly as well. The size was also just right for after a filling meal--I give that one a score of 12!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

There's an Applebees a few miles from my house. IT is good to know they have ww options. I'll have to find out if they have the ww options in the Canadian restaurants yet. I checked their website and it didn't say.

Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!

Tried more stuff at Applebee's! :D

Today I had the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce drizzled on top--excellent; very chocolatey and gooey, not very cakey.

I also tried the tilapia with mango salsa----also excellent! I substituted another serving of veggies for the rice to lower the points. The veggies were really delicious and fresh--steamed and sprayed with butter, no oil. FYI, the waitress told me that they serve 3 oz. of rice on that plate--it looked like 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup to me.

Just wanted to give my "reviews." :D

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Hi,

Checked out the AppleBees near my house and the waitress there said the WW menu won't start until summertime. So, I guess a lot of the Canadian sites won't have them for awhile, at least in my neck of the woods.

I'll have to check it out when I got to Seattle next month.

Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!

I couldn't resist replying to this post, even tho I'm a little late on this. We dine at Applebee's almost every weekend. A weekend without Applebee's is like a day without sunshine to us. I, too, get the Southwest Chicken Salad as a rule and find the half size more than ample. I recently ordered the Mesquite Chicken salad and found it to be lacking in size. If I got 1/2 a chicken breast, I think I was lucky. And I had to part the lettuce to find the corn kernels and the black beans! If there was a tablespoon of those in there, I was lucky again. And yes, I also found it to be very spice on the dressing. I'm glad I ordered it on the side. A little too much smoke flavor for me. Next time I will try something else. I think they could have upped the points value and added a little more food, probably the beans and corn. I'm happy to spend more than four points when I go out to eat.

Also just a note. One of our WW members said she knew a manager of an Applebees personally and asked how we were to know for sure that we're getting what we're supposed to be getting in what we order? He replied that they have special measuring cups and spoons that they use for the WW dishes. So there you go!! :D

Another thing! Why in the world don't they have FF sour cream?? Or even light, for that matter?

JeanetteSki

I've got two things to say.

One, I haven't gotten to Appleby's as much as I wanted, LOL and just tried the Terriyaki Skewers. I thought they were excellent, but yes, a little small on the portion size. My opinion on that is I have the option of heating up a frozen dinner at work, which is a little smaller than the Appleby's serving, lol... or go to Appleby's and have them serve me up something fresh and hot I'll take the fresh and hot any day!

:D

The second thing has got me a little leary. My sister, who has worked in the restaurant industry forever, said blantently that the cooks don't care and she doesn't trust them to cook by the standards that Appleby's claims to have them use to make sure we are getting what we think we are.

Come to your own conclusions.

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

~Buddha

I went this week and had the appetizers..Quesadillas I think and the lemonberry cheesecake..it was WONDERFUL!. What was so nice was not having to try and figure out points, plus still being able to have a small dessert. It really made you feel like you were eating out, and not having to "look" or feel like you were dieting.

Taking it day by day, one step at a time.

Ya-Ya name: Marchioness Shines like the Sun

The second thing has got me a little leary. My sister, who has worked in the restaurant industry forever, said blantently that the cooks don't care and she doesn't trust them to cook by the standards that Appleby's claims to have them use to make sure we are getting what we think we are.

Rest assured, Lisa. I've spoken to several managers and also some of the staff that works the kitchen. They are being VERY careful about portions. The spray the veggies with EXACTLY four squirts of ICBINB spray! And they cook on a separate grill and have special WW measuring cups, etc. . .

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse.