Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
KentuckyRose

Adult Happy Meal

Today I was one of the first in line to recieve my "Adult Happy Meal" with the adult toy! The cost of the meal was 5.50 with tax. You could choose one of the new salads offered by McDonalds along with a bottle of water and a nice step o meter all in a big box with a handle (very simular to Happy meals but the box is big!!"

The proper name for the meal is "Go Active Meal" and the step o meter has a small leaflet to talk about walking. I have been a fan of the new salads since they made thier first apprearance as long as the light vinegarette dressing is used they are well worth the points. My favorite is the the Cobb Salad with Grilled Chicken that comes in with the dressing at a reasonalble 7 points! The normal price of the salad is 3.99 and personally I would rather provide my own drink and save the extra 1.50 but of course I wouldnt have my nice little step o meter (adult toy) I suppose I would have to recommend this to all as I was only disappointed in the water :confused:

You can read all about it at this link Adult Happy Meal

[ May 11, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: KentuckyRose ]

MYSPACE : http://www.myspace.com/75340119

My Blogspot

http://bugginattheseams.blogspot.com/

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

The mention of the "adult toy", sure made me sit up and take notice. :D Of course, that's just my dirty little mind at work. I'm glad some of the fast food places are making it easier to follow some sort of healthy diet.

Ann

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Ann, I don't think I could achieve that level of happiness at McD's. But I do like tchatchkehs like step counters, so I'll go there after work. crazy.gif ;) tongue.gif

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

It's a pedometer, not exactly accurate though...

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Sounds interesting. I would stop there tomorrow, but I'm obsessed with trying all the new applebees stuff first, lol!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

I got the step o meter as well. It is only accurate if you wear it properly and walk on a level surface. I find it hard to keep it on my waist properly because I have the roll that comes over the edges of my pants. It'll be good for awhile and then it will shoot up like 300 steps the next time I look at it when I haven't done more than 10. There are other times it doesn't even register my steps. I would have to say that you get what you pay for and what do you expect for it being in a meal like that? I sure remember how cheaply made those happy meal toys were when I was young!!!

start weight: 225.0 lbs<br />current weight: 212.5 lbs<br />goal weight: 155.0 lbs<br /><br />"All the troubles I've seen and those yet to come will have made me a better person, and in the end I will live happily among the angels."

I just got back from seeing the documentary film SuperSize Me, in which the maker of the film ate only McD's for a month to prove just how bad it *is* for you. In the film, they made note of the fact that the new McD's salads, i beleive the chicken ranch one has the same amount of fat and calories in it as a BigMac.....something to think about. Just because it's a salad at McD's does NOT mean it's good for you.

- Sarah

Reached lifetime in 2002...then life, marriage and a baby got in the way, so now I'm back...and this time for good!

[about the past]"...the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."

Salads are as fattening as the ingredients, period. Like everything else you put in your mouth, you need to know the ingredients and the quantities. I sometimes order the fried chicken rather than the grilled chicken on my salad, but I know the points for each and balance it against the rest of what I eat that day. And I ALWAYS get lite dressing, or bring my own.

I'm getting really tired of hearing "oh, those fast food salads are really high in fat!" I remember when there was absolutely NOTHING available at any of these places that was healthy, or could be made healthy. I'm thrilled to see the changes. It's my responsibility to be informed and make wise choices - now that there are some on the menu.

I'm all for compelling Fast food vendors to label their food, just like the grocery stores. It will come.

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having problems with my stepometer. Oh well -- I don't need to count my steps when I'm walking anyway. I just count the minutes--30 minutes--45 minutes--etc. I have to say that I am happy that it IS POSSIBLE to have lunch at McDonalds now and eat healthy. Love the new Fruit and Walnut Salad, and the Fiesta Salad is pretty good too. thumbup.gif

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140