1 1/4 pounds sea scallops

2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

2 Tablespoons dried bread crumbs

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

lemon wedges

Preheat broiler.

Meanwhile, rinse scallops in cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. In medium bowl, toss scallops with melted butter to coat on all sides.

Mix bread crumbs, basil, pepper and salt. Dip one flat side of each scallop in crumb mixture. Place scallops, breaded side up, on the broiling pan rack.

With the broiling pan at the closest position to the heating element, broil scallops without turning for 5 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown and scallops are opaque throughout.

Serve with lemon wedges.

4 servings

Cal=189; Fib=0; Fat=7; Points=4

Note: I always use real butter, for the price of scallops I want this to be a special meal. Also, DH and I like this with about double the pepper the recipe calls for, purely a matter of personal taste. We have made this for company more than once and everyone loves it. The most important thing is to watch them closely, don't overcook the scallops, they will be tough .

Enjoy!

Cherie, Thanks for bumping this. It looks great!

printing out....

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

bump

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

I made this yest. & it was great! DH is already asking me to make it again.

Thank you for a great recipe~

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby