Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
GrahamCracker

Shrimp Verde (Shrimply GREAT!)

I just finished eating this dish and had to come and post it, it was delicious! crazy.gif

This is a quick and delicious main dish that presents itself beautifully on a platter. Best served with al dente pasta. Prep time approx: 10 Minutes. Cook Time: approx 10 Minutes

Ingredients:

Pam - Olive Oil Spray

2 Cloves fresh garlic, chopped

1/4 cup green onions, chopped

1/4 cup white onions, chopped

1 Pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined

1/4 cup fresh or dried Italian parsley, chopped

1/4 cup fresh or dried parmesan cheese, grated

Seasoned salt (to taste)

Directions:

1. Saute garlic and onions in large skillet briefly but do not brown the garlic (low heat)

2. In bowl sprinkle seasoned salt on shrimp and toss to coat. Add shrimp to garlic and onions and saute until pink and opaque in the center. Stir in parsley and heat through.

3. Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and toss to coat.

Makes 4 servings - 3 pts a serving

1/4 recipe = 148.25 Cal, .387 Fiber, 2.8 Fat (3 Pts)

1/2 recipe = 296.50 Cal, .775 Fiber, 5.6 Fat (6 Pts)

I did not serve with pasta or rice and split the recipe in half - it was 6 pts and a big, satisfying meal. I steamed broccoli and mixed with the shrimp verde. It was delicious!

Yum, that looks so good. We love shrimp. I copied it to my cookbook.

We are having Shrimp with Feta Cheese tonight from Cooking Light. That is a good one too.

Sue :D

Sue

Fifty down!!!!! 178/128/120

Guest shannon35

Thanks for posting this! I think I will be buying some shrimp at the store this week. Yum!

Shannon :D

Shrimp is my favorite low point protein so I'll be trying this. Thanks wave.gif

Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

Guest JeMarie

Mmmmm - Can't wait to try this. Right now I only have cooked shrimp in the freezer. Will put raw shrimp on grocery list.

Thanks

This looks terrific! Thank you.....

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

I made this last night, and while it was good, it lacked spiciness for me - however, a few good shots of Tabasco Chipotle sauce did the trick!

I think my tastebuds are seriously addicted to chipotle..... :rolleyes: tongue.gif

Char

Shrimp is always a great choice! I brush on olive oil and sprinkle on some basil then put it on the grill. Good to use a grill attachment with a small grid so the critters don't fall into the coals. LOL. ALmost as good as Outbacks Shrimp on the Barbie without the salt and calories. Keep the good food ideas coming. Hugs from Here wave.gif

SW 160 April 24, 2003<br />WWG 144<br />PG 140<br />CW 137.4 9-11-03<br />Made WW Goal June 26<br />Made Personal Goal Aug 14<br />MAde lifetime Aug 21, 2003 at 138.2 pounds<br /><br />Do what you can, where you are, with what you have. Teddy Roosevelt

Hi Charski!

I like hot, spicy stuff too, cast iron stomach and all. What I did last time was instead of sprinkling seasoned salt on them before the quick saute, I sprinkled them freely with Emeril's Essence. Woo Whee! I liked them! DH doesn't care for spicy so after the smoke settled from his ears I gave him the ones I had seasoned with SeasonSalt only. Sometimes men have no sense of humor at all! :D

Bumping up....This recipe is unbelievably good! What a beautiful dish for company, also!

I changed only one thing: Instead of 1/4 cup of the parsley, I used about 1/8 cup & made up the other 1/8 with basil & oregano.....Soooo GOOOOD!!!

I served it over bow-tie pasta & it was lovely as well as delicious.

If you like shrimp, this is a must try!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

I finally tried this recipe last night and LOVED it. However, like the rest of you, I did some tweaking to suit it to my own tastes. First, I put lots more garlic (about three heaping tablespoons full of the bottled minced garlic). Second, I added a generous sprinkling of Old Bay Seasoning - that added a nice kick of spiciness. Finally, I put in about half a cup of white wine and let it simmer away for awhile before spooning it over the pasta.

This definitely was a huge hit in my house. Thanks for sharing!

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

OH, I am going to try this tonight, Thanks for the recipe KimR

SW/239.2<br />CW/208.5<br />GW/160.<br />Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!<br />Princess Culture Vulture<br />Start date 02-03-04<br />10% 04-20-04<br />pledge 10 #<br />wk 1: -3<br />wk 2: +1 1/2<br />wk 3: -1

Guest Hailey

This sounds wonderful, thanks for posting!