Maple Salmon

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 pound salmon

Directions

1 In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.

2 Place salmon in a shallow baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.

3 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

4 Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

Notes by nancyny:

I've made this in the oven and on the grill. It comes out great either way, but the grill was better (cook salmon according to directions for your grill).

In the oven, I remove the salmon from the marinade and bake it in a separate baking dish. Otherwise the extra marinade just burns and makes a mess.

I do not vouch for this if you use anything other than real maple syrup. 90% of the sauce stays in the bowl so I just count points for the fish. It would probably be OK if you use brown sugar as well, you would also have to add some water (maybe 3-4T).

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

This is one of our favorite recipes. I make it in a glass pie dish and like the ease of marinading and baking in the same dish. A good soaking makes clean-up pretty easy.

The fish is DELICIOUS! My three year old is wild for this recipe! The only problem is that I tend to eat more than I plan for because it's soooooooo good, :D

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

This sounds G~R~E~A~T!!!! Thanks for posting.

bcbsalute.gif

PAT

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Allrecipes has the nutritional info on most of the recipes.

Nutrition at a glance

Servings Per Recipe: 4 amount

per serving

Calories 265

Protein 23.1g

Total Fat 12.4g

Sodium 639mg

Cholesterol 67mg

Carbohydrates 14.2g

Fiber 0.1g

Again, this recipe is awesome!

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

Just had to bump this recipe. The family loved it, and I put it on the GF grill.

Wonderful and highly recommend it!

SW:218/CW:210/GW:140

This sounds wonderful,.. but did I miss how many servings this makes and how many points per serving? please post this info. I would really like to try this recipe...

thanks essie

90% of the sauce stays in the bowl so I just count points for the fish.

The marinade/sauce does not add any points (it has 4 points but almost all of it remains in the bowl when you cook the fish - I don't count points for what I don't eat!). So I count it as salmon (approx. 1 pt. per oz. cooked weight, and I remove the skin).

If you point out the numbers posted above you get 4 servings at 6 pt. each but I would count 5 in order to not count the marinade. 5 pt. seems a bit high to me for 3+ oz. cooked fish.

Update: the WW food companion lists Salmon in various forms, but it comes out to 1 pt. per oz. cooked unless you get up to 6 oz. or more, then add 1 pt.

You can make this with other fish too, and you should adjust the points accordingly.

[ November 10, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: nancyny ]

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I made this subbing brown sugar for the maple syrup and it turned out GREAT! Both of my daughters loved it and they won't eat anything these days!!! I give it four forks and two thumbs up smile.gif

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

Bump

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Guest deedon63

I'm trying to incorporate fish in to my weekly menu & this really sounds like something I would like. Can anyone tell me how long to cook it on the GF?? And do you use fresh salmon or frozen? Honestly, I've never used salmon other than in the can.:embarrass

I make something very similar to this recipe - it is my standard recipe the first time anyone comes to dinner at our home. It's fantastic, I use fresh Atlantic salmon. A good sized piece takes maybe 20-30 minutes in the oven, but you can easily check it - it should "flake" when it's baked long enough. Sheila

Guest racegirl12

I made this for my family the other night and we just loved it!