Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bezziebear

things I've learned along the way:2 year anniversary

Guest bezziebear

today is my two year anniversary as a lifetime member. I went to my meeting wearing 4 layers of different sizes on me and peeled each layer off as I told about my journey. What a wonderful feeling. I'll share with you what I shared with the members of my meeting:

I have now achieved a full 2 years as a Lifetime Member. I would like to share with you some of ………….

What I Learned Along the Way

1. There is no such thing as a perfect body. That is an allusion. Now that I’ve lived with a smaller version of me for a year, I see the flaws and imperfections again. What I have learned is that THAT’S OK!!!! This is a more comfortable body that still offers some roundness and support while being attractive. It is strong enough to have carried me through 15 half and 2 whole marathons and is training for yet another one. I find that impressive for something that is not perfect.

2. I have learned that in a challenging food/social situation I can say “that’s the way I like it” and more importantly really do! Regardless about what other’s think of the way I eat.

3. I’ve learned that support does not always come from where you expect it.

4. I’ve learned to strive for short-term goals without losing site of or becoming overwhelmed by the long-term goal.

5. I’ve learned that I can go on vacation and enjoy all the foods that I have been looking forward to and relish them, one bite at a time, savoring each in turn and not gain weight. It’s all about planning.

6. I’ve learned that I am not dieting but changing my way of life. Like other areas of my life, there are good times and bad times and it’s what you do with those times that make you what you are.

7. I’ve learned to forgive myself for being human and making mistakes and to just “carry on” again.

8. I’ve learned that when in need and at a loss, there are universal tools that I have learned at WW that are applicable to all phases of my life.

9. I’ve learned that although I am not vain, I like catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and enjoy seeing myself in pictures, without having to be critical. I no longer hide from the camera.

I wish you all the same.

Barbara

Congratulations, Barbara~

What a wonderful message for you to share with your group! And US!! :D wave.gif

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest irishskm

Barbara,

I have just, again, reached WW goal and your words are very encouraging... I do not want to get to be >40#'s over goal again!! I have printed out your message and am hanging it on my refrigerator for continued encouragement... Thank you!! Sharon

barbara beutiful post like sharon im printing this out for those days when i need encouragment, you should be so proud of yourself, truer words were never spoken , katb

sw/296/

cw/159

137 pounds gone and not missed ,,,,, not one little bit

its never too late to BE what you might have been. author unknown

Guest bezziebear

Thanks to all of you for reading and responding. Each of you has made significant changes in your lives and the numbers show it. Be proud of yourselves. Congratulations go to you as well.

Barb

Barb,

Thanks for sharing this with us. Congratulations on all you've learned and accomplished. smile.gif

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

Great meesage, Barbara.

I am almost a year at Lifetime and while I have learned much of what you say, I still struggle with it sometimes.

Maybe another year will bring me to the comfortable place you reside.

Thanks for sharing!

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

What are these "universal tools?" asks a Newbie. I know that WW is not jsut about weight, but I was wondering what other things I can look for in my life to change if I just stay OP.

- Original WW SW = 158.2<br />- GW = 130<br /><br />Since joining BCB:<br />8/25/03 150.5<br />9/1/03 147.5<br />9/8/03 147.5<br />9/15/03 146<br />9/22/03 144<br />10/1/03 141.5<br />10/7/03 141.5<br />10/14/03 140.5<br />= down 10 lbs

Guest bezziebear

hi

Sue, don't get me wrong, there are still times when I struggle put these things that I've learned along the way are what helps me get focused more quickly and reliably than anything else has before! I am more comfortable with myself and the way I look, but all the other "garbage" still has to be dealt with. What has changed has been how I look at that""garbage". It's like taking a pair of prescription glasses and putting them on at slight tilt. You still have 20/20 vision with the glasses on, but the way you see things is somewhat different. I hope that made sense.

Keep up the good work and hang in there. The alternative is not a good option.

ellbogen - the univseral tools are all the tools that we get at weight watchers to help us focus on positive living. Like anchoring, self talk, story boarding etc. If you are a newbie, these tools will be introduced to you as the weeks go by. At first they may seem silly or feel uncomfortable but you will see for yourself that if you put the effort into really absorbing them, then they will provide you tools that help you make the changes that you want in your life.

Barb

Guest bezziebear

BUMP...this is the post I was talking about.

Great words of Wisdom! bcbsalute.gif

Pat<br /><br />A jouney of 1000 miles begins with the first step.<br /><br /><br />SW: 335.8 (original)<br />SW: 315 (second time around)<br />CW: 288<br />WG: 135

Thanks for bumping this up! bcbsalute.gif

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Thanks for that great inspiring message!!! I have been LT since October 2001 and it does get easier once you realize these things!!!

Count the Points or count the pounds!!!

Bravo and Congrats!!!

Guest Jan_Barrington

Congratulations and Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Barbara, congratulations on your accomplishments, and thank you for your inspiring words!

Gadfly

215.8/173.4/145